So I thought I make a slow cook chicken curry with a load of Bunsters classic sauces.
Did it work? Hell yeah! This is what I did but you can alter the amounts of anything to suit your taste / heat tolerance.
- 1.8kg Skinless & Boneless Chicken Thighs (these slow cook really well)
- 1 Tin Chickpeas, drained 1 Tin Cannellini Beans, drained (or any other tinned beans)
- 1 x Bottle Bunsters Original Hot Sauce
- 1 x Bottle Bunsters Sh*t The Bed Hot Sauce
- 1 x Bottle Bunsters Black Label Hot Sauce
- 200g Dried Red Lentils
Put everything (except the lentils) in a pot/casserole/slow cooker and cook on LOW for 2 and half hours. Then add the lentils, mix well, & cook for a further 2 and a half hours. Serve with rice, naan, baked potato or whatever you like.
This made 8 portions – with approx. a 3rd bottle of sauce in each portion! – and yeah, it was pretty spicy – phall level heat I would say. And VERY tasty! Of course you could just use 1 or 2 bottles of your choice of sauce with some stock to make up the liquid but I thought I’d go all in this time!